IWSG was created by the Captain Ninja Alex J. Cavanaugh. To visit the other participants, click here.We made it to 2015. I hope everyone had a good holiday and is ready to start the new year. As usual, I'm doing my annual goal post today. And for those new to IWSG, my name's Cherie Reich, and I write speculative fiction. I live in Virginia and am a bookworm and cat lover. I'm obsessed with collecting owls and watching TV. My first published novel is Reborn, a YA Epic Fantasy, and I also write novellas and short stories.
- Once upon a Nightmare: A Collection - I should have this second edition re-published in Spring 2015.
- Fall of Gravity: A Collection - I'm hoping to publish the second edition of this collection by Summer 2015.
- Marked - I'm currently writing this novella. My hope is to publish Marked (The Fate Challenges #1.5) before the end of this year/early 2016.
- Forged - Once I finish Marked, then I'll be writing Forged (The Fate Challenges #2). I'm hoping to publish Forged next year.
- Destined - I'm hoping to finish the first draft by the end this year and publish Destined (The Fate Challenges #3) in 2016/2017.
- Paper Lanterns - This short story will be in the 2015 Untethered Realms' anthology Mayhem in the Air, which is coming out in the fall. It's already written but will go through more editing.
- On Day 168 - A short story I hope to write this year for the 2016 UR anthology Ghosts of Fire. "On Day 168" is set within the world of Amora (the Great Beyond or Norvadia) and takes place around 1000 AUC, or 1500 years before Yssa in Reborn. The premise is what happens to the princess if the dragon defeats the knight.
I'm planning to continue posting mainly once a week for the first four weeks of each month. Posts will go up on Wednesdays. First Wednesdays are IWSG. Second Wednesdays are now Bookworm News. For Third Wednesdays, I'm incorporating a new post called Falling for #SpecFic, and Fourth Wednesdays are my writing goals posts.
As you can see, I have quite a few projects I want to work on. And of course, any goal can be revised as the year goes on.
What are your 2015 goals?
And here are my 2014 stats: 47,738 Words Written and 3,129 Pages Edited.