Wednesday, September 1, 2010

September Goals

A new month, a new set of goals.

Since I began writing more consistently in July, I've written approximately 24,000 in the past two months. This month's word count most likely won't remain the same for one reason. I'm going to edit my novels.

That's right. I'm going to put most of my focus in fixing The Phoenix Prophetess and Virtuoso. However, I do have short stories to write and, of course, my flash fiction for Flash Fiction Fridays.

Today, I hope to work on my short story for Raven and the Writing Desk. Tomorrow, I want to write my flash fiction piece for Friday, and this weekend, I want to work on "Lady Death" and "Fallen." It would be nice if I could finish all three short stories for this month by next Tuesday (day after Labor Day in the States). We'll see.

For Once Upon a December Nightmare news, I discovered you can purchase my e-book on OmniLit and Book Strand besides Wild Child Publishing's website and Amazon.com. If you do read it, please let me know what you think. *smiles*

Also, today I reviewed Kit Wylde's Hieroglyphs on my Surrounded by Books Reviews blog. You can read the review here.

I submitted two stories yesterday, and I have three more that have been out of submission (one all the way from October 2009!). So far, no news, but it might be a while before I hear back from anyone. I'll keep updating.

And, last night I was thinking about Aubrie's fantastic haiku's she put up on Raven and the Writing Desk and Lisa's idea for a cat haiku. This one stuck in my mind as I was trying to fall asleep. Here is my cat haiku:

Her behind twitching,
Pouncing on the catnip mouse.
A cat's life is bliss.

No comments: