Wednesday, September 1, 2010

New News

Oh, I heard back from Abandoned Towers today. I was surprised to hear back so soon and that they read my blog. They said that they wouldn't put so much work in a story if they weren't planning to accept it. It's true I won't know where it might show up with them (website for exposure or print magazine), but I am happy that they commented on my worries and like my work. I should know more by December 1st. If I can get "Soul Survivor" published, I'll be really happy about it, especially since it was the first short story I ever wrote in 2005.

I won't move it over to my accepted short stories yet until I have further word about what part it'll be accepted in, but I am grateful to Abandoned Towers for giving it a chance. The revisions they had me do have made the story a world better, and I feel happy with the story written.

3 comments:

Nicole Zoltack said...

Kudos to Abandoned Towers for reading your blog and getting in touch with you. That's a class act.

Tessa Quin said...

Dear Cherie,

I think your blogs are fantastic and I've decided to award you the Versatile Blogger and One Lovely Blog Awards. Congrats, you deserve them! (See them on my page and copy them to yours, if you wish)

Tessa :)

Tessa Quin said...

While I'm here, I got your book yesterday! Thanks so much. I've already started reading it and it looks good ^.^