Thursday, September 10, 2009

Chapter Thirty-Six

At 6,063 words, Chapter Thirty-Six was finished today. The Phoenix Prophetess is now up to 92,444 words long. I can't believe that it really is that long. I knew that this chapter would be very long, and I'm not too surprised that it turned out a little over 6,000 words, even though I thought it would be more around 5,000. The first draft of my novel should be over 95,000 words. I have one chapter left to write. Yes, that's right, folks! One chapter left and the first draft will be finished! I am so excited and thrilled that I am so close to finishing a novel. I honestly never believed I would get so far. Chapter 36 was the big battle scene, and I really hoped I did it justice. It was awesome in my head, but sometimes I find it hard to put words to what I see in my mind. I hope chapter thirty-seven is easy to write, since it has been in my mind for a few months as well. My goal is to finish chapter thirty-seven on Saturday, since I have to work. If I can do that, then I'll be well on my way of beginning the editing/rewriting process. It's so exciting!

In other news, I submitted "Eclipse" to Sorcerous Signals on Tuesday. They are doing a reading period until September 15, so I hope to hear something soon after. I'm still waiting to hear back from several anthologies, and I'm obsessively checking my emails to see if there is any news. I will keep everyone updated.

*does happy dance, since she is almost finished with writing the first draft of her novel*

2 comments:

Aubrie said...

Good luck with Sorcerous Signals! I got a rejection from Shimmer yesterday. They said that my story just wasn't right for them. No reason why.

Finish your novel!!

Cherie Reich said...

I'll finish my novel. *grins* And, that's a shame about Shimmer. They just don't know a good thing when they have it. *laughs* Did you hear back from Emerald Tales?