Friday, September 11, 2009

Possible Acceptance

I received an email back from Emerald Tales today. Here is what it said:


Thank you for submitting your story for consideration for the "Masks or Appearances Can be Deceiving" issue of Emerald Tales

magazine. I received so many outstanding stories that choosing only a few was very difficult. I regret that I must pass on your

story for the printed version of Emerald Tales. However, I would like to keep your story under consideration for three more

days for web content for my site. If this is not acceptable to you, then reply to this email and tell me so. Otherwise, I will

consider your story for possible publication on the website.

Sincerely,

Diana Lyles

CEM

Scribblers and Ink Spillers, LLC


Although I didn't get into the printed version, "Soul Survivor" still has a chance for the web version. I am thrilled about the possibility, so I'll have to wait three more days to find out if it'll be on the web version or not. I think this is especially good since the story was written four years ago and wasn't written particularly for this volume, although I thought the concept could work.

If she passes on the web version, then I'll be sending "Soul Survivor" out to Pill Hill Press for their Bitter End: Tales of Nautical Terror anthology. I don't know if "Soul Survivor" will fair there better, but I would like to find a home for it somewhere.

No comments: