Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Wednesday's Writing Update


It's time for another Wednesday's writing update.

First off, don't forget my 50 Followers blog contest. There is still time to enter. Click here for more details.

On Friday, I published a piece of flash fiction called "Dare to Dream." You can read it here.

So far, January has seem a time for editing and rewriting, rewriting and editing, with a dash of writing in between.

Lisa Rusczyk, Aubrie Dionne, and I are compiling our short stories and poetry from 2010 that appeared on our blog Raven and the Writing Desk for a Raven and the Writing Desk 2010 anthology. Today, I finished editing my old short stories. We hope to have this book available sometime in March in print and electronic formats.

On Monday, I finished up another PWP assignment. I'm really enjoying this proofreading/editing job, and it has helped me feel more confident when I edit someone else's work and my own work.

I've already written the flash fiction for this coming Friday. You'll have to wait and see what it is until then.

Then, I've been rewriting Virtuoso. I finished chapter three over the weekend. So far, I'm editing/rewriting a chapter a week. I had hope to get more chapters done, but I'm pretty happy with the chapters rewritten and where the story is going. Originally, the novel was 68,000 words. I'm hoping this time it'll be over 60,000. Right now, I'm at 4500 words.

I also have been rewriting Defying Gravity. It is a longer short story, originally 8800 words, but I'm hoping with rewrites that it will come over 10,000 words. It's more of a novelette than a short story. I finished rewriting chapter three, and I look forward to working on chapter four. So far, I've rewritten/written 3100 words in it.

I am writing a new short story too. It's a longish short story called "The Disappearance of Emma Rose." I plan to submit it to Innsmouth Free Press's Candle in the Attic, a gothic anthology. I hope to finish it sometime around the first week of February.

Since I finished the majority of my editing, until I get a new assignment from PWP, then I'll mainly spend my time in writing and rewrites.

By the way, I highly recommend lists. Each day before I go to bed, I've been making a list of what I'd like to get done the next day. For the most part, I've been sticking to the list and getting bunches done. I really hope to keep it up throughout the year.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi! I saw you sign up for the A-Z Blogging Challenge and wanted to put a face with a name! Can't wait to see all your entries in April!!!

Wow. You do so much! I'm in awe of all that you've accomplished and plan too!!!

I've been slowly getting back into commenting on blogs. I've just finished a manuscript that will soon be shipped off to a publisher in hopes they'll say they want to publish it. And I've read.

Looks like a lot less after reading this post! Keep up the great work!

Nicole Zoltack said...

Lists are wonderful. Of course there's only one thing on my list for the rest of the month: Champion of Valor.

Good luck with the rewrites!

Cherie Reich said...

Thanks, Nicole! Good luck finishing Champion of Valor. I can't wait to read it!