Monday, February 11, 2019

Mode: Executive Function Fail

This blog post almost didn't happen. You see, I prefer to schedule my posts in advance. I usually have an idea what to say several weeks ahead of time, but this time, I didn't realize it was time to post again until Friday and am writing the post on Saturday. *sighs*

My brain has been stuck in executive function fail mode for weeks. I am keeping up with the day job, but everything else has taken a backseat. Well, a backseat might be a bit too kind. It's more like they're three Everests behind me. I want to do things, like complete and publish Folds in Life and Death as well as visit and comment on blogs, read books, and answer emails, but I just can't seem to start the tasks.

So it means Folds in Life and Death will take a little more time before I publish it. I'm now shooting for early March. *crosses fingers* I need to do a read-through edit of "Paper Lanterns," do a read-through edit and change "The Folding Point" from third to first person, and finish writing and editing "Paper Faces." After that, I need to do one more proofread (on my Kindle) of all four stories, and it'll be ready to go.

I know I can do this, but I just need to find the energy to do so. Wish me luck!

What are your goals this month?

10 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Hopefully we both find the energy.
I almost didn't post today either. I wrote it Sunday last minute. I hate doing that.

Natalie Aguirre said...

Good luck! I hope you feel healthy enough to have the energy to do this. I've been dealing with a lot lately so my post is late too.

Heather R. Holden said...

Sorry to hear you've been lacking so much energy lately. It's definitely never fun to feel drained like that. Best of luck with everything!

Nick Wilford said...

Just take a deep breath and focus on one task at a time. It sounds like you've nailed down what needs done for your book, so that's good.

Anonymous said...

Good luck. I'm sending lots of energy your way.

Tyrean Martinson said...

I'm with Alex - Hopefully, we can all find the energy.
I am hoping to finish my "final" revision of Anomalies (The superhero novel I used to call Greenlings or Seedling) by next week. I started another run-through after a particular CP asked me a question that I realized I hadn't answered and I received a rejection letter for a query. I decided I needed to "make sure" that it is really polished well, again. (sigh)
After I finish that process, I hope to start a novel I'm currently calling Ka'ela and the Birds (It's actually a scifi novel involving origami, a bit of thriller/mystery, telepathy, romance (with a telepathic detective) and a space armada). It's in "idea mode" right now with just a short vignette and a partial outline, but I really want to work on it because Ka'ela, the rare antiquities (and secrets) trader has captured my attention.

Mark said...

Wishing you tons of luck! It's okay if deadlines slide, so long as you get to them eventually:)

Elizabeth Seckman said...

I do everything last minute, which I hate.

It does seem like the better I am at real life, the worse I am at the make-believe. That's so unfair.

Christine Rains said...

You can do it! Just make sure you don't push yourself too far. Do what's comfortable for you. Hopefully you've got some time off coming up for your birthday?

emaginette said...

Take care of yourself first. Everything else will work out in its own time. :-)

Anna from elements of emaginette