Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Falling for #SpecFic: Untethered Realms / Wattpad Wednesdays: Reborn Chapter 23

You may write or read speculative (spec) fiction (fic) and not even know it. Speculative fiction dwells in the realms of the what if and encompasses genres such as science fiction, alternate history, fantasy, horror, and more.

I'm part of a great group of SpecFic authors over at Untethered Realms. And this month we're taking part in the A-Z Challenge. So you may find a new book or two to add to your reading list. Today is my day, and I have a teaser from Once upon a Nightmare: A Collection. Although I'd hoped to have the collection published by now, it's almost ready. The virus from doom--or it may just be a cold--has attacked me and slowed my progress in my goals.

So head on over to Untethered Realms!

 
Chapter Twenty-Three is here or start from the beginning here.

 
Join us for #SpecFicChat on Twitter!
What happened to the future? The flying cars and time machines?
Hosted by @UnRealms and @EllieMGarratt
Next #SpecFicChat Fri. April 17th, Noon EDT.

24 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Sorry the virus has attacked you.

Rachna Chhabria said...

Nasty virus attacking you. Kick it out fast.

Christine Rains said...

Grrr to the virus! Hope you feel better soon. :)

Natalie Aguirre said...

Sorry you're not feeling well, but your body is telling you to rest. I know that's hard to do. I have trouble with it too.

M Pax said...

Feel better! Loved what you wrote about speculative fiction, so I added it to our blog. :D

Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better. I have a cold that is lingering and is giving me coughing fits right now. =(

Jeff Chapman said...

Great def of spec fic. Hope you feel better soon and good luck with the new book. Awesome cover.

Nick Wilford said...

I didn't realise I was writing spec fic at first! It encompasses a lot of genres. Hope you get better.

Anonymous said...

I enjoy speculative fiction. I hope you feel better.

Julie Flanders said...

You've had more than your share to deal with lately. Take care and feel better!

Cathy Keaton said...

Sorry to hear about yet another physical challenge! At least it's a cold and not something more serious. I hope you feel better real soon. :)

cleemckenzie said...

Sorry you've been sick. Nasty viruses these days.

Sandra Cox said...

Hope you're feeling better soon.

Catherine Stine said...

YAY for SpecFicChat.
Now, if I can only clear out my darn schedule on Friday around noon.

T.F. Walsh said...

Loved your teaser. Hope you get better.

DMS said...

Viruses stink! I hope you feel better asap! :)
~Jess

Anonymous said...

Kick that virus to the curb! I'm a big fan of "What if?" stories.

Sandra Cox said...

Hope by today, you're all better.

Heather R. Holden said...

Aw, sorry about the cold! Those are never fun. Hope you've finally started to feel better!

Jay Noel said...

Get well soon!

I'm sure you'll get back on track with getting Once Upon a Nightmare out into the world.

Cortney Pearson said...

I didn't realize until I saw your blog, actually, that I was a spec fic writer as well! (So thank you. I've always wondered because I've never really *fit* into a single genre before and wasn't quite sure what to call myself other than a YA author!) Hope you feel better soon!!

Sandra Cox said...

Hope you're having a pleasant, productive Monday, Cherie.

Peaches D. Ledwidge said...

Hurry up and get better.

I'm starting to like speculative fiction.

Elizabeth Seckman said...

I never figured out Wattpad. But that's not surprising...I still feel lost on Twitter.