Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Wednesday's Writing Update

So far, this week has been productive when it comes to writing, but I've only had two good days into it.

On Monday, I read through chapters one and two of Moonlight Murders. For the moment, they are as edited/revised as I can make them. I began working through chapter three while adding some Irish dialect/accent, since this chapter takes place in Dublin. Next Monday, I hope to finish going through chapter three and begin writing chapter four. I want to take my time with Moonlight Murders, so I have less editing/revising when I finish the novel.

On Tuesday, I wrote more in "They," my post-apocalyptic horror short story. I wrote 862 words in it yesterday, and right now, it's a total of 1916 words. I still have several sections to write before the story is completed. I'm hoping to find some time on Friday to finish writing it. *crosses fingers*

Today, I will be working on my novella Panther Moon. I really hope to have chapter one completed and begin working on chapter two.

Tomorrow, I will work on my flash fiction piece for Friday. This piece will be dedicated to Nicole Zoltack, who I'll be interviewing on my blog on Monday.

Beyond my WIP novel and WIP novella, I have several more short stories I would like to write from now until the end of August. Of course, I have my short story for Raven and the Writing Desk. That's a given. *grins* I also plan to write a short story for Pill Hill Press's Monster Mash anthology and a short story for Rogue Blade Entertainment's A Clash of Steel anthology. And, if I have time after writing those short stories, then I would like to write a short story for Gypsy Shadow Publishing's writing prompt. I have ideas for all of them, but I'll just have to find time to sit down and write them.

It's hard to believe that August is almost upon us. So far, July has been a very productive writing month, and I hope to keep it up in August. I'm enjoying writing on my different stories. The only thing I haven't been able to do is work on my old novels (The Phoenix Prophetess and Virtuoso) and edit them. I'd like to try to get 25 pages done of each during the weekends from now until the end of September. Wish me luck. I'll need it to complete that goal.

No comments: