Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Versatile Blogger Award



Versatile Blogger Award

I have had the honor of being nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award by Cher Green at Footsteps of a Writer.  http://chergreen.blogspot.com

Cher, thank you so much for the recognition. I appreciate people like you following my blog and am honored by it.

Now for the tasks at hand. According to the rules, I'm required to:

1. Thank the person who loved me enough to bestow this gift.
2. Share seven things about myself.
3. Bestow this honor onto 10 newly discovered or followed bloggers–in no particular order–who are fantastic in some way.
4. Drop by and let my ten new friends know I admire them.

So, once again, thank you so much, Cher, for this awesome award.

Now, here are the seven things I’m sharing about myself.

1. I wish I could say I’ve been writing since early childhood, but that would be a lie. I began writing in online roleplaying games in October 1999 when I was 17. I tried my hand at fan fiction between 2002-2005 with limited success. Then, I wrote a short story in 2005 and one in 2006. This was my extent of writing until January 2009 with my YA Epic Fantasy novel The Phoenix Prophetess. I haven’t looked back since.

2. I rarely watch movies at the movie theatre. In fact, I’ve only seen one movie at the theatre this year, and that was Inception. Before that, I saw Sherlock Holmes in December 2009. (Updated note: I forgot I also saw Alice and Wonderland this year...oops.)

3. Despite not being much of a movie theatre watcher, I have seen all the Harry Potter movies in the movie theatre and some more than once. If everything works out, I’ll be at the midnight showings for the next two. *crosses fingers*

4. I love animals. At my family’s house, we have two fish, a guinea pig, a mouse, and three cats. I’ve had an arrange of animals from a dog to hamsters to rats, and there are many more types of animals I would like to have. Unfortunately, the ones we have right now keep us busy enough.

5. I work as a library assistant, and I enjoy it. I hope one day to be able to get my Masters in Library Science.

6. Although my title says I’m a library assistant, it seems like it can’t be my only job at work. I also act as secretary, receptionist, and I’m a certified proctor for various examinations, including the MAT, CLEP, DANTES, and others.

7. When I was young, between the ages of 4-7, I used to run wild on our block. I would climb trees and telephone poles, enter the sewer (or be thrown down there in the sewer by older children), and ride my bike and run faster than any boy on the block. Oh, and I mustn’t forget the fun we had jumping off people’s roofs.

And, now, I must bestow this fantastic award to ten other bloggers. Here they are in no particular order:


2. Aubrie Dionne, Flutey Words…A Writer/Flutist's Ramblings About Words and Music, http://authoraubrie.blogspot.com

3. Lisa Rusczyk, A Blog Dedicate to Writing and the Daily Activities of Cats, http://lisarusczyk.blogspot.com

4. Nicole Zoltack, Where Fantasy & Love Take Flight, http://nicolezoltack.blogspot.com

5. Jessica, Virtual Margin, http://virtualmargin.blogspot.com

6. Melanie, Mortal Corkscrew, http://melanie-mortalcorkscrew.blogspot.com

7. Nicole Ducleroir, One Significant Moment at a Time, http://nicoleducleroir.blogspot.com

8. Roland, Writing in the Crosshairs, http://rolandyeomans.blogspot.com

9. Angie, Notes From the Writing Chair, http://notesfromthewritingchair.blogspot.com

10. Ali Cross, Writing YA & MG that transcends the ordinary, http://alicross.blogspot.com

Since I have picked my ten people to bestow the award, I am now off to their blogs to tell them how much I appreciate them.

11 comments:

Roland D. Yeomans said...

You're appreciated back, Cherie. Thanks for the award. And even more thanks for liking what I write on my blog.

Playing in the sewers sounds dangerous and smelly. But it was a big adventure when you were small, I know.

Have a great week, Roland

Jessica said...

Thanks for the award! I feel so honored! :D

Angie said...

Thanks so much for the award, Cherie!

Unknown said...

It was wonderful learning a little more about you! Thanks so much for passing this beautiful award on to me. You made my day!!

Aubrie said...

Thanks for the award , Cherie! I didn't know you can proctor tests. Do you see a lot of nervous people?

Cherie Reich said...

Roland - You're welcome! And, it was a bit scary to be in the sewer. The bugs and the dark were the worst of it. It really didn't smell much back then. I wouldn't want to go in those same sewers now, though.

Jessica - You're welcome!

Angie - You're welcome!

Nicole D. - I'm so glad I made your day. *grins* And, you're welcome!

Aubrie - You're welcome! And, yeah, I proctor tests in our Educational Testing Center at work. I also keep the schedules updated for the various tests and test takers. We do get some pretty nervous people, but it's worse on the proctor when those same people don't pass their tests, and I have to give them the bad news.

Nicole Zoltack said...

Thanks for the award, Cherie! :) I enjoyed learning more about you. I don't often go to the movies myself. Playing the sewers must have been really smelly. But imagine the horror stories that you could write based on that location... lol I turn everything into a story!

Cherie Reich said...

Nicole Z. - You're welcome! I think my time in the sewers made me love Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles all the more. It also made me understand Stephen King's IT a lot more too. Minus the creepy clown and giant alien spider, I lived that life. *laughs*

Melanie L Moro-Huber said...

This is a wonderful idea! Thanks for picking me and I'll try to visit some of these other websites you nominated.

Mel

Cherie Reich said...

Melanie - You're welcome! It's a good way to learn more about a person and visit some new blogs. :)

mary.anne.gruen@gmail.com said...

Congratulations to you and all the other award winners! I just gave you the same award over at my blog. May your blog continue to receive the attention it deserves.