Aubrie Dionne gave me this Happy Award a day or so ago. Thank you, Aubrie! I appreciate it!
So here are ten things that make me happy in no particular order:
1. Cinderella the cat - I absolutely adore my cat Cinderella or Relli for short. I think she is the best and brightest cat out there, even if she has her many issues. If she was human, she would be like a daughter or sister to me. We are a lot alike.
2. Writing - I never thought I would care much for writing when I was younger, but I do believe that I have a talent for it, especially after all these years of roleplaying that lead to writing my own works. Sometimes it is a struggle to write, but I find that I'm much happier when I do.
3. My online friends - I don't have many friends in real life. I'm very shy, and I'm a home person, so I don't get out enough to make real life friends, but I have several very good online friends that I feel that they are like family to me.
4. My family - I love my family. I still live with my parents and younger (15-year-old) sister. I enjoy being there with them, and I can't imagine it any other way. I especially love my mom. We have the same sense of humor and always find something to laugh about.
5. Reading - There is not much better out there than reading. I can tell when I haven't had a chance to read much. I become depressed by not reading actually. Plus, reading makes my writing better. I enjoy most genres, but I must admit I'm most partial to mysteries.
6. My critique buddies - Yes, I'm stealing this one from Aubrie. But, it is true. I always love to get their emails. It's the highlight of my day. Plus, I love reading what they think of my writing. If I didn't have them, I never would have written as much as I have. They keep me focused and going with writing. My writing life would be nothing without them, so thank you, Aubrie and Christine.
7. Hot tea - I love hot tea. I seriously could live in Great Britain and enjoy tea time. I particularly love English/British Breakfast tea. I drink two-three cups a day.
8. Libraries and books - I do love working in a library. I've worked in two of them, and there are few better jobs out there. I just love being surrounded by books and the order that they are placed on the shelves. Most of the patrons are pretty great too, but I particularly love the books. On that note, I love having books as it is. I have over 1,000 in my room alone. *needs more bookshelves though*
9. Ancient History/Mythology - I love learning about ancient history and mythology. I majored in Classics and minored in the Ancient Near East when I went to Missouri State University. It made me so happy to be there learning.
And last but not least:
10. Television - I love television. We've always been a TV family. We had a DVD recorder to tape things on other stations while we watch various TV shows. I find TV relaxing and fun. I mainly watch crime/mystery shows, but I love all sorts. I enjoy The Simpsons, Family Guy, Amazing Race, The Early Show, 60 Minutes, House, Lie to Me, 24, CSI: Miami, Gossip Girl, Chuck, Hell's Kitchen, So You Think You Can Dance, NCIS, NCIS: Los Angeles, Glee, Criminal Minds, CSI: NY, Bones, Fringe, CSI, The Mentalist, Ghost Whisper, Medium, Num3ers, True Blood, Dexter, Rome, The Tudors, Quantum Leap, The X-Files, Iron Chef, and those are to name a few. *laughs* I wasn't kidding when I say that I love TV. True, I don't watch all of those shows now, but I have loved them at one point or another. Most I do still watch, though.