Saturday, November 7, 2009

NaNoWriMo: Day 7

It's hard to believe that the first week of November is almost to a close. I've been writing every day, and I'm absolutely loving every minute of it. I never realized how much fun I could have doing this. It reminds me of when I was completely loving singing and acting. When I realized that I couldn't make a career out of those things, I lost a lot of who I thought I was. Perhaps that is why I'm pulling so much for Nadia to be able to play the violin again. Nadia is the main character in VIRTUOSO. I know how it is to lose the one thing you thought you were good at. I believe writing might be my happy ending though. It definitely has given a lot of joy back into my life.

As for NaNoWriMo, I'm doing very well, I think. Currently, I am at 15394 words. I'm 10000 words away from the half-way point to 50000 words. I really am loving the direction VIRTUOSO is heading. New characters have sprouted up, and they are pretty awesome. It's just so much fun. So far, I have written seven chapters (prologue + six chapters). The novel will have twenty-five chapters total when it is completed. I'm well on my way of writing a novel in November!

I saw the cover art for "Once Upon a December Nightmare" today. I had seen a sample of it, but Valerie had added some things. She is a wonderful cover artist. I love what she did, and I can't wait to show everyone else. I still haven't heard back from an editor, but I'm sure I'll hear back soon. So far, Wild Child Publishing seems to be on the ball about things.

I haven't heard back from any other publishers yet. I found out today that Jodi Lee is doing NaNoWriMo too, so it might be a bit before she gets around to make final cuts for the Dead Bells anthology. I hope to know something (hopefully good) in the next few days. *crosses fingers*

I've decided what to do the next couple months in writing. In December, I will be doing rewrites/edits for THE PHOENIX PROPHETESS. I'll be making an outline for THE PHOENIX SORCERESS. I also want to write a few short stories too during that time. In January, I'll start writing THE PHOENIX SORCERESS, send the edited version of THE PHOENIX PROPHETESS to my lovely second reader, and begin the rewrites/edits for VIRTUOSO. I do hope to get back to MOONLIGHT MURDERS sometime soon as well. Of course, there will be more short stories to write as well. And, don't even get me started on beginning to write query letters for agents. *sighs* The writing work never seems to end. It's a good thing I don't have much library work to do. *grins*

Well, I must be heading on out. I'm almost finished working for today at the library. I do hope to work some more on VIRTUOSO tonight.

2 comments:

Aubrie said...

Can you post the cover for "Once Upon a December Nightmare?" I'd love to see it!

Good job at NaNoWriMo! I can;t wait to read this new novel that you're writing.

Cherie Reich said...

I'll be putting up the cover for "Once Upon a December Nightmare" up tomorrow. I did get permission to use it and put it up everywhere to draw attention to my ebook. Now, I just need the edits back, so I can begin working at that end.

You'll be able to read the novel probably in February. I'd like to be able to fix it up a bit before I let you and Christine read it. I do have the prologue up on the NaNoWriMo site as well as on my VIRTUOSO blog here.