Thursday, October 1, 2009

It feels like a break up.

I received another rejection email today. This time it was about "Soul Survivor." Here is what was said:

Thank you for your recent submission to Pill Hill Press' The Bitter End: Tales of Nautical Terror anthology. 

After careful consideration, I have decided to pass on your story.  This is not a reflection of the quality of your writing, I just didn't think the story was a good fit for The Bitter End.

I hope you continue to submit your work to Pill Hill Press in the future.

Best Wishes,
Jessy Roberts


Frankly, it felt like a glorified break up. "It's not you, it's me." *rolls eyes* It is nice that they think my writing is decent, but I'm getting to the point rather I would rather something be wrong with my writing and that I'm just not what they are looking for but nice story, by the way. *sighs* I suppose I am just getting tired of not getting a single story accepted. I just want one. Is that so much to ask for? I think if I could just get one story published that it would be the boost I need. Oh, I'm not giving up. No, I can't do that. I'm just frustrated and ranting a bit. That's all.

In other news, I finished writing "Neptune's Treasure" tonight. I hope to submit it to Mertales anthology that my friend Aubrie told me about. I sent it to my critique buddies, so I likely won't be able to send it out until Monday.

I also added up my work count for September. I wrote 18,563 words of original work. It is almost 3,000 more than last month. I hope to increase the number every month or at least match it.

I have some other works in progress. I am in the editing/rewriting stages for THE PHOENIX PROPHETESS. I'm going to work on MOONLIGHT MURDERS soon, and I have a lot of plans for it, including creating a new first chapter for it. I also have a few short stories that I wish to write for various anthologies.

I still haven't heard back from the All About Eve anthology, Dead Bells anthology, Sorcerous Signals, Wild Child Publishing, and The Beast Within 2 anthology.

2 comments:

Aubrie said...

I'm working on it during breaks at work today! Hopefully I'll have it back to you tonight.

Don't worry, Cherie, you'll get in one soon!

Cherie Reich said...

Thank you! I'm planning to make the edits to "Neptune's Treasure" today, and I hope to send it off to Mertales this afternoon. *crosses fingers*