Monday, August 10, 2009

The Phoenix Prophetess - Chapter Thirty-Two

I finished chapter thirty-two today in The Phoenix Prophetess. The word count for the novel is now up to 79,442. It amazes me every week when I get another chapter written and the word count keeps on going up. I never thought I would ever get this far in a novel. I have actually stuck with a plan and a goal. Amazing! It's really exciting with these last few chapters, since we are building up to the big battle, which I can't wait to write and have had it in my mind for three years.

Since I finished chapter thirty-two this week, I'm going to work on finishing "Bella's Battle." It is about half-way done, but I am worried it will end up over the 7,000 word limit. I might have to cut it back some, but I'm not going to worry about it too much until the story is finished. Since I have some time, I might even get a bit more written in it today. *crosses fingers*

In other writing news, once "Bella's Battle" is finished, I'm going to work more on editing "Once Upon a December Nightmare" and "Eclipse" before I send them out. I plan to submit "Eclipse" in September to Fantasy Magazine, and I want to send "Once Upon a December Nightmare" to Wild Child Publishing.

There are also a few more anthologies that I plan to write stories for, but I will tell more about them when I get to it.

I'm so excited about finishing another chapter in The Phoenix Prophetess!

2 comments:

Aubrie said...

I was looking at Wild Child Publishing myself. They say that you have to send the submission to them exclusively, so I have to wait to hear back from a few others before I can even think of sending to them.

Good work on your writing!

Cherie Reich said...

Yeah, that is why I plan to submit my query letter and first chapter of sorts to them of "Once Upon a December Nightmare." If it doesn't work out, then I'll submit it elsewhere.