Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Chapter Thirty-One of The Phoenix Prophetess

Today I finished writing chapter thirty-one in The Phoenix Prophetess. The novel currently stands at 77,566 words. I honestly never believed that I would be this far in a novel before. I have six more chapters left to go. I am a little behind in the chapters, but I also am a little ahead where I thought I would be months ago, so it will even out. If I write one chapter a week from here on out, I will have finished the first draft of The Phoenix Prophetess the week of September 14-18.

My goal is to have the edits finished by the end of November, so I can send the novel to my second reader, so she will have plenty of time to go over it, so I can make my changes. I still hope to have it basically finished for the most part by the end of December, so I can start querying agents and publishers as well as begin the second book of The Phoenix Trilogy: The Phoenix Sorceress.

By the way, I've been keeping a count of how many words I write a month. July's word count was 10,655.

1 comment:

Aubrie said...

Great work Cherie! 10,655 words is a lot of writing. You have great goals and stick to them.