Friday, May 29, 2009

Submissions


The last few weeks, I've been sending out some of my short stories to various places. On May 14, 2009, I submitted a horror story to Mystic Moon Press titled Once Upon a December Nightmare. It is loosely based off a true story that happened to my friends and me, but I changed the ending to make it much scarier. It is over 10,000 words long, and it is about four people who go joy riding on a mountain road in on a cold December night. The truck breaks down, and they are forced to walk back to the main road to find help, but something has already found them. Will they survive their December Nightmare? I have not yet heard back from MMP about the story, but they say it can take four-six weeks to hear back. By the way, this is the possible cover art for Once Upon a December Nightmare if the story is accepted.

On May 27, 2009, I submitted a flash fiction story (around 1,334 words long) to the webzine Abyss and Apex. The story is titled Only One. It is a flash fiction story I wrote probably four years ago or so. I originally submitted it to Midici Press, but I never signed a contract, and I haven't heard back from them in probably three years, so I decided to try to find a new home for the story. "Only One" takes place in Bermuda. A couple are honeymooning there, and they go on a little fishing excursion. A storm comes up, and being within the Bermuda triangle, things change for the couple quite quickly. They say that their response time is a month, so I'll have to wait and see if they accept or reject the story.

On May 28, 2009, I submitted a short story titled Hell Has No Fury to WolfSinger Publications for their anthology All About Eve. They were looking for stories about the first woman...either Eve or Pandora or any other first woman from mythology. I did some research on Pandora, and I found out that she has been linked with the earth goddess Anesidora. Hell Has No Fury is Anesidora's tale on how she changes from the immortal goddess Anesidora to the first mortal woman Pandora. I do not know the response time for this story, but it should be at least by August 2009, since that is when they are no longer accepting submissions for the anthology. Hell Has No Fury is 3,107 words long. If it is not accepted by WolfSinger Publications, I will likely submit it elsewhere.

I wrote Once Upon a December Nightmare and Hell Has No Fury this month. I am hoping to begin other projects soon.

No comments: