Friday, May 29, 2009

First Entry

This is my first entry here. I've decided that I should use it to tell a little bit about myself. My name is Cherie, and I live in Virginia. I am twenty-seven years old. I still live at home with my parents. You can't beat free rent, people! I work full-time (since December 2008) at a higher education center in the library, and I work part-time (since August 2007) at a county public library one Saturday a month. I enjoy working in a library. Both libraries have their good and bad points, but there is nothing like being surrounded by books all day.

If you couldn't tell already, I love reading. Since 2006, I've kept a record of every book I read, the author's name, and when I finished it. Last year, I read over 80 books, although this year will be notably less, since I have a full-time job now instead of just the part-time one.

As for my education, I attended a community college a couple years after high school. Then, I went to Missouri State University for my bachelors of the arts. I started out majoring in vocal performance, but I switched to classics in the end. I don't regret the switch at all. I'm a decent singer, and I've been told I'm quite good, but I am just not cut out for singing all the time. I do miss acting and theatre though.

During my schooling (high school, community college, and university), I learned six languages. English is a given. I took five years of Spanish in high school. Then, I had two years of French and one year of German at a community college. At MSU, I took two and a half years of Latin and one and a half years of Ancient Greek. If you couldn't tell already, I'm quite the nerd too.

As for my home life, I enjoyed living where I do. I have some animals: my beautiful cat Cinderella, a blue rat named Persephone, and a guinea pig named Abby. I also have a pet goldfish named Dash. I love all animals though. I'm even a vegetarian.

I am also a writer. I have some poetry written with poetry.com. I have some of my work on my yahoo group named My Personal Muse. You can find it at groups.yahoo.com/group/my_personal_muse. Recently, I have joined Authors Den. You can find some of my writings there at authorsden.com/cherienreich. I am most excited though about a short story I have written. It is going to be published on May 28, 2009 by Mystic Moon Press. You can find out about it on their website here: www.mysticmoonpress.com/authorpages/cheriereich.html.

I will try my best to write more later and go into more about my writing. I am also writing a novel, but you'll just have to hear about that next time.

No comments: