Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Writing Update: October Goals

 

Happy Wednesday!

It's hard to believe there are only three more months left to this year! This month has been busy with helping out with a friend's collection as well as publishing Magna's Plea and writing stories in Neighbors of Foxwick. I even almost have my map done for the Kingdom of Foxwick and its neighbors!

Here are my October goals:
  • Finish my edit of Reborn. Seriously, I keep saying I'll work on it, but I haven't gotten beyond the prologue. I must finish the edit soon, so I can give my beta readers a month or two to read it and make comments.
  • Write Reforged. I would like to keep working on Reforged. Ideally, if I could finish this novel by the end of December, it would be great, although I'm tentatively shooting for November to finish it.
  • Outline Reigned. I want to write this as my NaNoWriMo novel in November in conjunction with Reforged, so I thought I'd finally put the outline in my head down on paper/Word document, then I'll be more prepared to write it.
  • Finish writing the last story in Neighbors of Foxwick. I have one scene in "Prince's Price" and seven scenes in "Love's Challenge" to write, and I'm really hoping to finish this before the end of September, but if not, then I'll be finishing it up in early October. If I can get this done, then I'll be on track to publish Neighbors of Foxwick by February 2014.
And that's all, folks! Not too bad, even though there is still a lot of writing and editing to be done.

What are your October goals?

2013 Stats
122,592 words
1909 pages edited
Stats taken from 1/1/2013 - 9/24/2013

20 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

That's a lot of writing goals.
Writing Reigned during NaNo is a smart idea. That will motivate you to get it done. (I'm a lazy writer and need that kind of motivation.)

M.J. Fifield said...

I agree with Alex...that is a lot of writing goals. An impressive amount.

My October goals will be to get things in place for NaNoWriMo.

Nick Wilford said...

Wow, that's a lot of irons in the fire. Good luck with pulling it all together, and NaNo's camaraderie is a great motivator.

Also, it's seriously awesome that you're creating a map! I don't think I could undertake such an ambitious endeavour. :)

Julie Flanders said...

I'm thinking about doing NaNo again too. I'm hoping it will help me get back in gear and stop being so distracted and lazy! Good luck with all of these goals. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, September is almost over. I haven't even thought of my goals for next month. Good luck with yours.

Jai said...

You are the master of goals.
Mine will be getting things together for NaNo.

Unknown said...

Lots being accomplished as usual Cherie. By the way, love the look of your header. Good luck on your upcoming goals :)

Christine Rains said...

Good goals! I'm ready to critique for you. Send them on! My October goals are not to go crazy from the tour, send out some short stories, and work on one of my novels.

Natalie Aguirre said...

Can't believe how fast the fall is going. My goals are more like to survive the craziness of life. Good for you for having concrete goals.

Kelly Steel said...

Great goals! Way to go!

Nas said...

Awesome goals Cherie!

Nas

Heather R. Holden said...

Oh gosh, there really is just three months left, isn't there?! *flails*

Looks like you have a lot of awesome goals, Cherie! You continue to amaze me with how much you can plan and accomplish in so little time. Good luck with everything, especially the Reborn edit, since that keeps getting stalled!

H. R. Sinclair said...

WOW! That's a big plan. I'm impressed just by the plan. :)

sjp said...

Woah seriously admire how you can quantify your goals like that, and im sure you'll achieve all of them by year end.

Rachna Chhabria said...

That's a lot of writing goals for October Cherie. Super impressed :)

Samantha May said...

This seems to be one of your lighter months :D

I cannot believe that we're already so close to Christmas. I feel like this year flew by me!

Cathy Keaton said...

Lots of writing to do! Good luck with everything. :)

Yolanda Renée said...

Congratulations! Goal are the best way to get where you want to be!

T.F. Walsh said...

You're doing so well... huge congrats. I need to get my butt into gear with my stories.

Misha Gerrick said...

Best of luck with your goal! Mine for October is to not go nuts due to publishing and marketing my book...