Friday, October 21, 2011

#fridayflash "Compulsion" Part III #horror


*This is the final installment of "Compulsion." You can read Part I here and Part II here.*
Edited: Oops, I forgot to add the "here" links. They're added now. Sorry!

Compulsion
Part III

I opened my eyes. The low light made me smile.
“How do you feel?”
I cocked my head. Peace spread through me as I looked around this room. It seemed familiar, so did the man. Did I know him? He touched my arm and I suppressed a giggle.
“I feel wonderful. Who are you?”
The man grinned. “I’m Mike and I have someone I’d like for you to see.”
“Hello, Mike.” I bounced in the chair as he removed a photograph and handed it to me.
She looked familiar too. Brown hair, a big bright smile, blue eyes. I liked her.
“Her name is Helen Fairling. I want you to find her for me and then return here. You’ll know what to do.”
I looked at him. His certainty reassured me. I studied her picture again, memorizing her features.
Mike handed me a slip of paper and a blue pill.
I always wondered what it was with blue pills. They were calming. I swallowed the pill without water. I looked at the address on the paper. Certainty filled me and I smiled wider.
"You do know what to do, right?"
I looked up at Mike. The intensity of his eyes was familiar. I didn't want to disappoint him.
“Yes, I’ll remember what to do, brother.”

7 comments:

Sarah Tokeley said...

I knew I didn't like that Mike!

C D Meetens said...

Oh my goodness! Her brother! And using her like that! Well, I didn't see that coming.

Angela said...

Creepy. What just happened?

Christine Rains said...

Hehehe! Love that ending!

Sarah Allen said...

Ooh :) Love it! Great twists :)

Sarah Allen
(my creative writing blog)

Peggy Eddleman said...

Great segment. So many unanswered questions!

Alice Audrey said...

A serial!

You do know about The Serialists, right?