I used to not get why writers would want to write by hand. Why do double the work, so to speak, when it has to be typed up anyway? But after the ransonware incident of June 2014, I've been a bit leery of typing on the computer. I decided to try handwriting my outlines and first drafts, and so far I'm enjoying it, although there are pros and cons of everything out there.
Pros for handwriting:
- I don't have to worry about losing the document.
- I'm less likely to take Internet breaks when writing.
- I write for longer periods because the words flow better.
- I have to eventually type up everything I've handwritten.
- My spelling abilities go downhill while handwriting.
- I've discovered my writing is very sparse in descriptions when I write by hand.
Have you changed how you write before?
here or click here to read Part II's quote and then move on to Chapter Eight.
Preorder Twisted Earths and get your choice of an Untethered Realms' authored book for free with proof of purchase. For proof of purchase, you can do a screenshot of where you ordered the book. Send this screenshot along with which book you'd like for free (click here for our book list) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Preorder at Amazon, Smashwords, iTunes, Nook, and Google Play!