Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Book Chat: Top Three Books

 

Lots of people have top lists at the end of the year, but I decided to do something a little different today. Here are my top three books I've read so far this year.

3. Love on Loch Ness by Aubrie Dionne
 
A fun story with a sweet romance! This book has the beautiful mysterious atmosphere of Scotland. I've always been a big fan of Nessie too.

2. Model Position by Kitsy Clare
 A steamy read! I loved the insider's glimpse of the art world. Senna is such a great character too.

1. Mistborn: The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson
 Oh my, I'm such a Sanderson fangirl. I just love Mistborn and can't wait to finish the trilogy. I want to create worlds and magical systems as well as Sanderson when I grow up.

What's your favorite book you've read so far this year?

And if you missed it, I posted Chapter One of Reborn last Saturday. Click here to read it.

17 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Catherine will be very excited to see her book on your list!

Christine Rains said...

Model Position was a lot of fun, and I can't wait to read Aubrie's Loch Ness story. My favorite this year are the Riley Jenson Guardian series books by Keri Arthur.

Tracy Terry said...

What a great idea. Of the books you feature its Mistborn that really appeals to me.

Tracy Terry said...

As for my favourite read so far this year I think it would have to be The Unlikely Pilgrimage Of Harold Fry by Rachel Joyce.

Natalie Aguirre said...

Such a hard decision. Some favorites are A Snicker of Magic, Ignite Me, Guilded, The Shadow Throne.

Meradeth Houston said...

I'd have a hard time choosing one from this year, though A Discovery of Witches was lots of fun (though old). Some great titles here to add to my list!

M Pax said...

So far... I just read The Widow by Tuppance... something. There was so much wrong with it, but I loved the book. I am her audience. :)

DMS said...

I have heard of all of these, but haven't read any of them. You made me very curious about Sanderson's writing and world creating. I have to read this series. :)
Jess

Cathy Keaton said...

I need to try out the Sanderson books. My fave read so far this year has been the book I'm currently reading, The Winner's Curse. It's a YA release and it's sooo good! :D

Nicole said...

Ooh, Mistborn! Such a great read.

Rebecca Bradley said...

I'm also a big fan of Nessie!

I've read some great books this year so it's hard to choose. But if I really had to, I think it would be YA, A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness. A sobbed buckets.

Sherry Ellis said...

I'd like to read Love on Loch Ness. I saw it on a blog tour. It sounds like a good book!

Medeia Sharif said...

Thanks for the book features. I'd love to read them all. So far I only own #2.

Heather Holden said...

Haven't read any of these books, but I have seen them posted about before, and they all seem great! :)

Milo James Fowler said...

I've heard of Sanderson, but the other two are new to me. I'm enjoying Hugh Howey's SHIFT. Tried reading King's DOCTOR SLEEP but couldn't get through it; not his best work.

WordsPoeticallyWorth said...

I don't read books, just try and write them!

Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

Kelly Steel said...

Awesome books! I read a fabulous book recently.. YA, The Awakening by Natalie King.