Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Wednesday's Writing Update: July Goals

 

Happy Wednesday!

June, unfortunately, was a busy month when it came to everything except my own writing/editing. But I will catch up one of these days.

Here are my July goals:
  • Write Reforged for Camp NaNoWriMo. I have a 50,000 word goal, but I would love to finish this novel by the end of July. My main goal is to write one chapter a day.
  • Finish writing the short stories in Neighbors of Foxwick as soon as possible. I will send each story as I finish it to my critique partners, but I need to have the entire collection completed very soon, if I want to keep my October release date. My main goal is to write one scene a day.
  • Edit Reborn. If I can edit based on my first group of critique partners' suggestions an average of three pages a day in July and August, then I'll be finished with another draft of Reborn, so it'll be ready to go to my beta readers in September.
  • Contact and secure a cover artist for Reborn. I have an artist in mind, but I was just waiting for the new fiscal year at the day job before I contacted her.
So, there will be a ton of writing and some editing waiting for me in July.

I also have another unedited snippet of "Common Love" from the forthcoming Neighbors of Foxwick.

Upon a balcony, a vision dressed in white furs lifted her hand toward him. Blue hair whipped about in the wind, and Bryan could imagine Vereina’s tender smile, although from this distance, he could just make out her features.

His own grin curled up his lips, and he started to wave back when the guard shoved him. Bryan stumbled forward upon the magically lit path.

The gate clanged shut behind him.

But he had seen her. That knowledge had him skipping back to town and his father’s shop. 

What are your July goals?

2013 STATS
84,165 words
1440 pages edited
*Stats are tabulated from January 1, 2013-June 25, 2013.

28 comments:

Julie Flanders said...

Love this excerpt! I especially love the image of the white fur and the blue hair.

Good luck with your goals, I'm sure you will have a very productive July. :)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

How many stories do you still need to write for Neighbors?

Nicole Zoltack said...

Loved the excerpt!

Anonymous said...

June did seem busy and flew by fast. Good luck with your goals and stay cool this July.

Christine Rains said...

Good luck! I need to finish revising THE GHOST and get it out. So weird to think I'm done with the series. And I'm so happy you like it!

Morgan said...

You are ROCKING it, Cherie! Wow. I love the stats and reading your goals. All so AWESOME.

Unknown said...

Wonderful snippet! Great Stats! My July goal remains the same, revise, revise, revise, until I get to the end.

Dianne K. Salerni said...

Good luck achieving all your July goals!

I have to completely revise a book in July. That's my big one.

Samantha May said...

As usual I admire your ambition!

I'm hoping to finish my edits and maybe start getting some beta readers. We'll see though. It's baby steps with me :P

Catherine Stine said...

All noble goals! I went to "Nano camp" last year, but I only got about five chapters done... too much fun playing virtual tennis and boating??

Nas said...

Great goals and loved the excerpt.

All the best!

Nas

M Pax said...

I felt his thrill at seeing her. Nice tease.

I've been trying to get 10K a week done, but I rather have quality. So I don't always make it. But as long as I keep pushing.

That new tea has me working on shorts in the afternoons now. I bought the last two boxes of that tea yesterday. Luckily a friend's husband works at WF's here, so she told him to make sure they get more. :D

Cathy Keaton said...

I'm going to have a lot of writing ahead of me in July, too. I guess that's the way it should always be for writers, right? Good luck with everything....;)

Unknown said...

You have GIGANTIC goals! I'm so impressed and wish you the strength and determination to get everything you want done. :-)

Heather R. Holden said...

Wow, you have so many goals for July--good luck accomplishing them all! I think I'd faint if I tried to tackle so much in one month, haha.

Also, loving the snippet! Blue hair whipping around in the wind is such a great visual. :)

Camille Picott said...

I love reading about your writing goals and accomplishments. It amazes me how much you do!

Jack said...

It all sounds very exciting, and very busy as well.
Oh, you are doing camp NaNo too! This is my first year, so I've been looking for others I know who are doing it, it is always more fun with people one knows.

Al Diaz said...

Plan, Write, Deliver. That's what I love the most about you and that's why I am mentioning you in my post tomorrow. You are an inspiration! :)

DMS said...

Awesome excerpt! You are a task master with your goals. I am in awe of your goals for July. Wishing you the best of luck! :) Happy writing!
~Jess

Cathrina Constantine said...

You have such great goals, I feel like a loser. Now I realize I must rethink, reorganize, and plan ahead. Thanks for sharing you goals with us, Cherie. And it all sound so awesome! Love the snippet. White fur and blue hair, cool....

Anonymous said...

Best of luck with your goals... you can do them:) Love the excerpt by the way.

Anonymous said...

Awesome goals. I'm sure you'll follow through on all of them.

Anonymous said...

Mighty fine excerpt! I'm a goal-setter, too, and I like to stay on track. After my monthly Write1Sub1 is out the door for July, I'll need to start revising my next future noir novella.

DL Hammons said...

I only have one goal for July, and although it has nothing to do with writing...it dramatically impacts my drive to write.

Here we go! :)

Nicole said...

Great description in that excerpt! Love the imagery.

I'm hoping to query one book in July, and I'm cranking on a couple more.

Jeff Hargett said...

You probably get more writing done in an off month than I get in a productive one. Hopefully you can meet all your goals for this month though.

Unknown said...

Once again, you've set yourself a lot of work for this month! Here's wishing you the discipline to get it all done (and I need some of that discipline too!).
And the snippet is great! Cool that she has blue hair :)

Unknown said...

Good list of goals. Good luck with Camp NaNo. I only have a goal of 20k, but I may up it as the month progresses if I hit it early.