I have July's stats, and I'm quite pleased with my progress.
Total Words Written: 14,072
Total Pages Edited: 396
My goals for August are:
1. Write Nightmare Ever After. I need to finish it by the end of August.
2. Edit/Proofread/Publish Pull of Gravity. I'm on track with this one, and I believe I'll have good news for everyone sometime next week.
3. Go back through Defying Gravity, Fighting Gravity, and Pull of Gravity, add epilogues, and make any necessary edits. In late September, I plan to publish a print book of the Gravity trilogy, so that means going back through the stories this month, so I can format it next month.
4. Write an outline for Twelve Days of Foxwick. This probably won't happen until the end of the month or sometime in September.
5. Read through Starred and make notes on anything I want to change and add. I should have no trouble finishing it by the end of the month, so I can start edits next month.
6. Read Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream and mark sections to use in Starred. Since I can't really use Wicked as I would like (no, I don't have thousands of dollars to pay for the right to use the lyrics), I've decided the play they'll perform will be A Midsummer Night's Dream. I was in this play as Snug the Joiner in college, so it should be fun making it work for my novel. I actually finished reading it Monday, but I haven't marked up sections to use yet.
7. Edit clients' manuscripts. My goal is to finish one client's manuscript the end of this week because next week, another former client will be sending me her new manuscript to edit, which I would love to finish by the end of August, if at all possible.
Okay, I'm exhausted just looking at those goals. *laughs* I have learned that if I don't finish something one day, then I can work on it the next. I've finally realized I don't have to do double the work the next day. It'll get done when it gets done. Slow and steady.
Also, I'm currently on vacation from the day job this week. You may have noticed I'm slower to respond. I will get back to everyone as much as I can this week and definitely will next week. The way our internet at home works is that we have a daily bandwidth allowance, so that means if we use it up, then we have to wait 24 hours for it to go above dial-up speeds. It sucks, but it's still better than dial-up. But that means I can't get on blogs as much because it kills the internet. So please be patient.
Also, my childhood monster blogfest entry will be up tomorrow.
So what are your goals for August?