Thursday, May 17, 2012

Flash Fiction Blogfest Starts Monday!

 

This is your friendly reminder about my 2nd Annual Flash Fiction Blogfest. It begins on Monday. I plan to post my flash fiction piece on Tuesday.

Here are the rules:
1. Entries must begin with the two words: Lightning flashed.
2. Entries must be 300 words or less and be in prose. I'm not versed enough in poetry verse to judge it properly.
3. Entries must be posted on your blog between May 21 - 23.
4. You must sign up in the linky to have your entry be counted.

On May 25, I will announce the six finalists and open voting through May 28th.

On May 29th, my third year blogversary, I will announce the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners as well as a random winner selected from the participants list. All ties will be broken by Random.org.

Now what are the prizes?
First place - $25 gift card from Amazon
Second place - $20 gift card from Amazon
Third place - $15 gift card from Amazon
Random prize - $10 gift card from Amazon
 
Sound good? Then click here to sign up.

15 comments:

Jaycee DeLorenzo said...

Wow, the end of the month is just hurtling my way and fast. Looking forward to this!

Summer Ross said...

Looking forward to it.

Nicole said...

It'll be fun to read the entries.

Dana said...

This sounds like fun! Let me see if I can come up with something. :) Can't wait to read the entries!

Christine Rains said...

I'm excited about it! :)

Anonymous said...

I forgot I signed up for this. I guess I know what I'm writing to post for Monday.

Anonymous said...

Or Wednesday...

Unknown said...

I've got mine ready to go :) I'm away from Saturday until Tuesday (Italia here I come!) so it'll be an auto post :) Good luck to everyone who enters!

Andrea Teagan said...

this looks like sooo much fun!

Andrea

VonLCid said...

Fun. I'm on board.

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

This sounds like fun. The prizes are awesome.

Cathy Keaton said...

Honestly, I can't write flash fiction in only 300 words. I wish I could participate. It sounds fun!

Trisha said...

Hi Cherie. I have given you an award if you are interested :

http://thefarseas.blogspot.com.au/2012/05/great-comments-award.html

I know awards are not for everyone though, so don't worry if you want to skip it :)

Clare said...

Sounds interesting. I'm rubbish at flash fiction, so of course I'm going to challenge myself to do this.

Julie Flanders said...

What a great idea for a blogfest. I am looking forward to reading the entries! And, congrats on your upcoming third anniversary, that's awesome!