Saturday, February 18, 2012

I've been tagged (a lot)

An 11-question tag has been going around, and I've been tagged not once but five times already. That's 55 questions to answer. Yikes! So, I've decided to answer three questions from each of the lovely people who tagged me. [Edit: I just got tagged again! So I'm adding it here.] [Edit again: I just got tagged one more time, so I'm adding it here.]

I met Angeline Trevena through the 4th Writers' Campaign, and I look forward to reading more blog posts from her.

4. Scary movies or happy endings? Scary movies. Some of my favorite movies are horror ones. It's just so much fun.

6. What's your favourite item of clothing and why? I love purple shirts because purple is my favorite color. I feel good in purple.

9. What in today's society do you feel should be free but is not? Internet. Seriously, everyone should have free access to the internet.

Thank you for tagging me, Angeline!

Selah Janel contacted me for book marketing advice. I hope I helped her out. I plan to read her story Mooner soon, and I've enjoyed chatting with her.

8. Luke Skywalker or Han Solo? Definitely Han Solo.

10. What's your favorite ethnic food in the whole wide world? I love Italian food.

11. If you could live in any book/world at all, what would it be? Now this is a hard question. I'm torn between Harry Potter's world (as a witch, of course) and my own creation of Amora (the Phoenix trilogy). Please don't make me choose.

Thank you for tagging me, Selah!

Julia King is a new person I've met through the Campaign. I'm looking forward to getting to know her and read her blog.

6. If you could be any animal, what would it be and why? I would be a cat because they get to sleep 20 hours a day and play whenever they want. Plus, they're just so cute.

9. What is your favorite book? I've loved so many books, but the one that always makes me think is Oscar Wilde's The Picture of Dorian Gray.

10. What is your favorite holiday? Halloween. I love costumes and the spooky nature of it.

Thank you for tagging me, Julia!

I believe I met Elizabeth Twist during the second campaign (called a crusade back then). I've enjoyed reading her blog posts and getting to know her throughout the year.

3. Where or how do you get your best ideas? Sometimes an idea can just pop out of the blue, but I find they often hit me while driving the car, right before I fall asleep in bed, and while in the shower.

5. What's the scariest movie, story, novel, or scene you can recall? Movie is M. Night Shyamalan's Signs. Aliens kinda freak me out, which is ironic, since I write about aliens and romance. Story is Stephen King's The Mist. I haven't looked at fog the same way since.

7. Super strength or super intelligence? Super intelligence. Definitely.

Thank you for tagging me, Elizabeth!

I met Claire L. Fishback during the fourth campaign. I look forward to reading more blog posts from her.

2. Why do you write in the genre you write in? Good question since I write in so many different genres. I write mysteries/thrillers because I grew up reading them. I write fantasy because I'm inspired by fantastical worlds, creatures, and magic. I write horror because I love things that go bump in the night and like to expand and deal with my own fears. I write science fiction because I've read too much of my friend Aubrie Dionne's work, and it inspires me. I write YA because I will forever be a kid at heart. I like adding a touch of romance to my work because I believe in the power and idea of love.

8. You're given a $25 gift card to Barnes & Noble, do you buy a novel by your favorite author, or a how to guide on writing? Even though I'm trying to read more books on the craft of writing, I still believe the best way to learn is by reading in your genre, so I'm totally going for the book by my favorite author.

10. If you could have any exotic or fantastical pet, what would you have? Oh, great question. With my handy "how to" guide in hand, I would have to get a dragon.

Thank you for tagging me, Claire!

And another tag from the awesome Rebekah Loper, who tagged me again. I'm answering three out of the eleven questions. She's beaten me by answering 33, so be sure to check out all her lovely answers.

1. What is your current writing project? I'm currently working on the next novelette in the Gravity series titled Fighting Gravity. If all goes well (i.e. I finish writing it this month and can get several edits in during March and April), I would like to publish it on May 1st. We'll see how it goes.

3. Do you have any pets? Yes, I have my beautiful cat Cinderella, my handsome cat Romeo, my adorable guinea pig Abby, and my flashy goldfish named Dash.

4. What's the worst book you've ever read? I'm sorry, Charles Dickens, but I hated your Great Expectations. It did not meet my expectations in the fact that I couldn't get beyond the dull first chapter. But I am pleased it resembled your life and got me a 97 A in my 10th grade Advanced English class. 

And Margo Kelly tagged me on March 12th. Did you know it was her birthday that day too? So if you haven't, drop by and wish her a happy birthday.

5. Do you ever read books aloud to others? Not unless I absolutely have to. I'm much more a visual person, so I've never cared much for being read to, and I hate reading aloud to others.

7. Have you been invited to pinterest and have you pinned? Although I wasn't invited to Pinterest, I am on there and I pin things occasionally. You can follow me here.

9) Is there a character from a horror film that scared you..still scares you when you think about them? The aliens from SIGNS. It's why I keep water beside me at most times.

Now, typically people create 11 new questions and tag people. Well, I'm not one to follow all the rules, so tag! You're it, if you haven't been tagged yet. Feel free to answer any of these questions these lovely ladies asked me either in the comments or your own blog.

11 comments:

Rusty Carl said...

Boy, these things really are making the rounds. Good answers. I'm glad you went with being super intelligent too. We need more smart people.

Kittie Howard said...

Wow, what a great way to get to know you! Being smart rocks!

Nicole Zoltack said...

Definitely Han Solo!

I love Italian food - I could eat it every day of the week!

A dragon would make an awesome pet!

Christine Rains said...

Han Solo all the way!

Elizabeth Twist said...

Gee, Cherie, you sure are popular! I love how you mixed and matched the 11 questions. Too funny.

p.s. props for slagging Charles Dickens. People treat the classics with too much reverence, methinks.

Deniz Bevan said...

Ooh, tagged again! I've already answered some fun questions too.
That's funny about Great Expectations - I like the book, and many of his other books, but I really didn't like Miss Haversham. Scared the heck out of me!

Anonymous said...

Claire tagged me too! I liked reading your answers. I picked a dragon for my fantasy pet also, but mine would be a pocket-sized version. :)

Unknown said...

I loved this. I'm stopping by from the Platform Campaign. Cheers.

Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

That would be awesome if the internet were free!

Great questions and answers.

Anonymous said...

LOL! Great answers. I'd only be a cat if I was a happy cat, so many aren't so lucky. Ooh the gift voucher one. i'd be tempted to buy as much as I could with it. I want to get Into The Darkest Corner by Elizabeth Haynes for one. I've been tagged a couple of times too.

Misha Gerrick said...

Hahahaha I hope you don't mind, but I have 33 more questions to answer today. :-D