Monday, January 2, 2012

Book Chat: What Books Are You Excited About in 2012

 

Happy New Year!

Today's topic is 2012 books. A new year means new books to read. Here are a few I can't wait to get my hands on.

A Million Suns by Beth Revis
I loved Across the Universe, and I've been waiting--not so patiently--for book two.

Tundra 37 by Aubrie Dionne
I've read the rough draft while Aubrie was working on this one. In my opinion, it's her best novel to date.

I can't wait until book two of Ali Cross's Desolation series.

The Breakaway by Michelle Davidson Argyle
I enjoy Michelle's style and The Breakaway looks awesome.

King's Champion; Artesans of Albia, Book 2 by Cas Peace
I loved the first one and can't wait to read book two! August can't come soon enough.

I'm sure there are more books I can't wait for, but I need to read earlier books in the series or just don't know about them yet.

So what books are you looking forward to coming out this year?

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm looking forward to my book coming out this month hahaha. Seriously, I made it a point to download and read more of my blogging buddies books this year and will begin doing so this week.

Lydia Kang said...

I'm looking forward to a Million Suns. I've been wondering what a sequel will be like for ATU.

Happy New Year!

Misha Gerrick said...

Ooh those are some great books to look forward to. :-)

Christine Rains said...

I can't wait for Aubrie's book either! I have a few that I'm really looking forward to, but I already have such a huge TBR list. I'll never catch up! *laughs*

Unknown said...

They look like some great reads. Thanks for the suggestions. You're a great blogging buddy.

dolorah said...

I downloaded a sample of Beth's first book and was disappointed when it abruptly ended. I need to remember to get the actual novel.

I'm looking forward to reading a book that is already out: Inheritance by Christopher Paolini.

......dhole

Alison Miller said...

I can't wait for Insurgent. And John Green's new one. Oh gosh, there are so many!

Happy New Year!

Aubrie said...

Thanks so much for mentioning my book, Cherie! You're the best!

Denise Covey said...

I really loved Aubrie Dionne's Paradise 21 and even had one of my students use it for a book talk. I didn't realise her next novel was so close to publication.

I read 120 books last year. I hope to read at least 100 this year and review a good number as well.

Denise

Jennifer Hillier said...

I have a copy of Michelle's THE BREAKAWAY on my computer, and I can't wait to dive in!

Right now I'm reading Stephen King's 11/22/63, and it's terrific. I'm kind of playing it by ear when it comes to books this year. I only read about 30 last year, and I'm thinking it'll be about the same this year, though I'm going to do my best to make more time for reading.

Happy new year, Cherie! All my best!

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

I'm looking forward to anything new from Brandon Sanderson and John Marco is way overdue for a new book.

Anonymous said...

Some new books I haven't seen before... cool, am noting them down:)

Tara Tyler said...

always looking for books to put on my tbr list!
thanks & happy new year!

Tara Tyler said...

ps, i love the idea of book chat on a regular basis...

Trisha said...

I'm always so far behind everyone in knowing which books are coming out when!