Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Wednesday's Writing Update: Once Upon a December Nightmare One Year Later

Happy Wednesday!

I had this post all planned out, but then I went through my first earthquake. Yeah, I know, it was pretty much nothing, but still exciting. Did anyone else feel it?  


Okay, now back to the regular post.

First off, Rachael Harrie is hosting her Third Writers Platform-Building Campaign. I participated in the second one, and it is so worth it. Unfortunately, I won't be able to participate this time due to lack of time, but I'll cheer everyone on. 

Second, one year ago today, my horror novelette Once Upon a December Nightmare was published. I wrote this novelette in May 2009, and it had a bumpy road to publication, including a failed publisher, finding a great publisher in Wild Child Publishing, harsh and hard edits, and more. It's surpassed my expectations and helped me become a better writer. In honor of its one year since release date, I'm giving away a copy of it. Just comment below and be sure to put an email address so I can let you know if you won.

Third, stay tuned for a second post today where I wrap up my questions in Christine Tyler's Spark Blogfest and kick off the Favorite Summer Reads Blogfest.

As for writing news, I've stalled in my rewrites for Virtuoso, but I hope to get back to it. I'm forming quite a few ideas about some of my shorter works, too, but I'm not going to let you know about them just yet. Also, I'm working on a new PWP critique/editing assignment.

Anyone have any news?

6 comments:

Summer Ross said...

With school I have managed nothing in the writing department- but i am experiencing things which I'm putting in memory files so i can refer back to them later for stories. Classes for fall just started for me and I'm super excited about them. I'm still waiting to hear back on one submission.

Your new critique project sounds interesting.

Congrats on your one year with the story.
Have a terrific midweek!

Nicole Zoltack said...

I signed up for the Campaign this time around. I've been so busy editing lately that I haven't been able to touch Elena's Pen in awhile.

Christine Rains said...

It's been a year already? Wow. You're still doing so well with it. :) I joined the Campaign. I'm excited and a little nervous. I even got a beta reader too.

Cherie Reich said...

Summer,

Experiences count! You can always find a way to put things in a story sooner or later. I hope you hear good news with your submission. Take care!

C D Meetens said...

I saw about the Campaign. I think that's a fantastic idea!

Wow - one year since the release of your novelette. Definitely an anniversary worth celebrating, particularly with its difficult publishing start.

Hope the rewrites start flowing again soon. I need to knuckle down and start mine. I think it's the knowledge of the workload ahead that's putting me off ;).

Julie Flanders said...

Wow, congratulations on your one year anniversary!! That's fantastic, you should be very proud. And how wonderful to have a contest, that's very generous of you! :)