Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Wednesday's Writing Update: Anthologies, Submissions, Vlog, Acceptance, and More


Happy Wednesday, everyone!

It seems like the past week was busy. First, look to your left on the blog. Yep, I have over 300 followers. Wow. Thank you. I'm so humbled by this. You see, I started the year out with less than 50, so I'm still trying to process having so many followers.

Second, I had two short stories come out this week.

The first one is "Folding Hope" in Stories for Sendai. The paperback version is now available on Amazon here. The Kindle version should be coming shortly. We're having the official launch on June 30th, so if you are planning to purchase a copy—you really should...it's great—then purchase it on the 30th, so we can increase the exposure of this anthology on Amazon. 

The second one is for my "Phantom Kisses," published under my pseudonym Cherie Wolfe. It's a paranormal erotic piece published by DFE Quarterly in their Erotica Quarterly, Vol. 1 Issue 3. To purchase a copy, you can click here. It will soon be on Amazon and other distributors soon. 

I submitted three short stories on Monday to various anthologies, and I have ideas for about three more I want to write and submit within the next month. Of course, I'll have short stories for Raven and the Writing Desk, which has my part II of our three-part story up now. 

Of those three short stories, I heard back from one Tuesday night. My horror story "Wishes" finally has a home! Wicked East Press accepted it for their Under the Stairs anthology. 

I'm working on Virtuoso again, but it's been slow going to find time. I have review books to read and review, questions to write for interviewees, and the general blog posts here and there and other things. I still hope to get a lot done this week and over the long holiday weekend. *crosses fingers* I will also pick up more editing assignments after the holiday weekend.

By the way, did you see my first vlog entry yesterday? If you did, what did you think? I know the sound/picture didn't mesh well, but we'll blame it on my webcam. I might eventually do another one. Also, if you don't have time to watch the entire thing, you can watch the first couple minutes and hear how I pronounce my name and the inspiration behind "Folding Hope."  

So, what has been going on with everyone else? Anything exciting? Mundane?

7 comments:

Creepy Query Girl said...

Congrats on your followers and the short stories being published! That's awesome!

Aubrie said...

You're doing so well with your short stories! Congrats again on the acceptance and your 300 followers!

The timing thing on the vlog didn't bother me. I still understood what you meant.

Keep writing! Keep submitting!

Alleged Author said...

Yay for the publishing creds!!

Christine Rains said...

Over 300 now! You're doing awesome! Congratulations on your acceptance. It shows that persistence does pay off.

Summer Ross said...

Congrats on all your followers! Wicked awesome that you have a home for your story. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you on the others.

Jennifer Hillier said...

Congratulations on the followers AND the publications! I love posts that are full of good news!

Now if I could only do origami...

Misha Gerrick said...

Congrats on the acceptances and the followers! ^_^

Can't wait for more Virtuoso.

:-)