Saturday, September 18, 2010

Saturday Surprise

Surprise!

I'm blogging on a Saturday.

At the academic library where I work during the summer and spring semesters, we are open on Saturdays from 9:00 AM - 4:30 PM. So, every other Saturday, I'll be at work and on the computer. This is my first Saturday back into the new fall routine. It's hard working six days in one week, but I'm really looking forward to next week. I'll only work Monday-Thursday then. Yay!

Working on Saturday isn't too bad. It is our quietest day. Occasionally we'll have a few people in...one or two at a time. Sometimes I don't see anyone before 11:00 AM or after 2:00 PM. I've even had a few Saturdays here and there that I didn't see anyone at all.

Since I'm here on a Saturday, I'm working on an old story titled "Magna's Plea." It is set around the year 1350 in my Phoenix Trilogy world. I'm editing the story and will be changing it to be a bit darker. I want to play up the good vs. evil, so to speak, since I plan to submit it to Pill Hill Press's Shadows & Light II anthology.

If I have time once I finish it, I want to work again on "Wishes." I plan to change it to a more Halloween setting for a Halloween writing contest.

Of course, I still have to finish editing "Melek Katili" and finish writing "Lady Death" sometime this coming week.

Also, the fall television season is starting up on Monday! I'm so excited about it, although it's been nice not having as much to watch on television lately. I'm a pretty serious TV watcher. I even made a list of what to watch/tape each day. We don't have cable or satellite where I live, so we're limited to our stations. Usually we only watch CBS and Fox. It's probably good I don't have more stations that I like to watch and get at home. There aren't enough hours in the day to get it all done. I'm really excited about Fox Thursdays: Bones and Fringe. I love those shows! I think they are my favorite, although I'm looking forward to Glee on Tuesday and Criminal Minds on Wednesday. Of course, you can't forget about the CSIs, NCISs, and all those other shows. Yes, I mainly like crime shows. Then again, what else is there really to watch? *laughs*

So, I will pose a question to TV fans. What TV shows are you looking forward to?

No comments: