Monday, June 21, 2010

Thoughts on the Blog

Today, I am now up to twenty blog followers. True, that sounds incredibly small when you consider there are people out there that have hundreds and sometimes thousands of blog followers. I'm happy to have twenty, and I hope to increase that number in the year to come.

I always told myself that if I would have twenty + blog followers, then I would begin having author interviews. Author interviews are a great way to support other authors, and I would like to do that.

So, if you have a book coming out or are previously published and need some promotion, please email me at cherie.reich@gmail.com. I'd be glad to learn more about you and interview you.

On other news, I finished and sent off my third edits for Once Upon a December Nightmare. The story is more than I ever could have wanted. It is so much better than the first draft or even the fifth draft. It has pushed me in ways I never thought I could be as an author. Of course, I hope this is my last edits, and we could move on to proofreading and getting the story published. Since being submitted, the story lost 1,000 words and gained 2,000 in added characterization from the human characters to the mysterious monster. I still don't have a release date, but I hope it'll be in the next couple months. *crosses fingers* I'm ready to get this story out there, so I can move on to my other novels and short stories.

Currently, I have no submissions news. I have a short story I'd like to write before the end of the week, but it might not happen, and if it doesn't, that's okay. I have two short stories I need to write before the end of July, and I have many other plans for that month, as well. Now, I just have to get motivated. Motivated, motivated, how to get motivated? Any suggestions?

3 comments:

Beth said...

Congratulations Cherie on your upcoming published book. I just want to say that you no doubt have many more followers than 20, some people prefer anonymity. Best wishes in your blogging and your publications.
Found you on shewrites.com, btw.
Beth

Aubrie said...

Congrats on your 20 followers! I'd love to be interviewed! And I'd love to interview you when your book comes out at Wild Child!

Cherie Reich said...

Thank you, Beth. You're right. There are probably a few anonymous people following my blog. I just wish I knew who they were. LOL! Thanks for dropping by!

Aubrie, I'd love to interview. You want to set up something for mid-July when Messengers in the Mist comes out? And, you know I'd love to be interviewed by you when my book comes out. I'll let you know when I have a release date.