Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Wednesday's Writing Update

Well, it's time for another exciting Wednesday's Writing Update.

Today, we will cover last month's writing experiences and include May's writing goals.

Last month was a very short month in writing words. I spent most of the month editing. So here were the stats for April:

April's Word Count: 2,530
Submissions: 6
Acceptances: 0
Rejections: 6
Stories Released: 2 ("Grave Mistakes" with Emerald Tales and "Hell Hath No Fury" with All About Eve)

Submissions still out there: 5

I edited a few chapters in my WIPs, "Once Upon a December Nightmare," and "Grave Mistakes."

I also wrote my first poem in several years.

On May 1, I also received an email from Abandoned Towers for my story "Soul Survivor." It had a flow problem, which I agreed and fixed. I should now know back by the end of August about the story. I've done two revisions with that story now for Abandoned Towers, so I hope they accept it for something with all this work I've put into it. But, we'll see.


Now, on to my goals for May. For one, write June's story for the Raven and the Writing Desk blog. For two, finish my edits/revisions for Virtuoso. And, that's basically all, folks! More edits again. It's very important that I do my best to finish Virtuoso, though, especially if I want my free book in June from Createaspace courtesy of winning NaNoWriMo 2009.

I will be blogging shortly about a rejection I received for "Magna's Plea" from Beneath Ceaseless Skies. I received the rejection on Friday, but I've been so busy at work that I just now have a chance to blog about it and the lesson I learned.

Now, if you want something to do after reading this, then I suggest heading over to Raven and the Writing Desk and reading my story "A Mother's Gift."

No comments: