Wednesday, December 9, 2009

The Honest Scrap Award

Thank you to Aubrie Dionne who awarded me The Honest Scrap Award.




For The Honest Scrap Award I have to come up with ten things that you didn't know about me, so here they are:

1. When I was almost sixteen, I stopped eating mammals just so I could get out of dissecting a fetal pig in Biology class. I needed a reason, so I became a semi-vegetarian because of it. Now, I don't eat any meat, and yes, fish equals meat too, so I don't eat them either.

2. At one point, we had close to thirty cats. We started out with two, a male and female, and they went on from there. We had to send most of them to the SPCA because we couldn't find homes for them. We only have two cats left that are both female, spayed, and indoors.

3. I collect books. I do love to read them, but if I never get a chance to read all of them, I still want to collect them. Right now, I have over 1,000 books in my room, and that does not include the playroom closet and anywhere else my books are at in the house.

4. I still sleep with a light on in my room. I'm not exactly scared of the dark but what could be in the dark.When I was four, I saw monsters come out of the walls. You can check the bed. You can check the closet, but what do you do about monsters that come out of walls?

5. I was a vocal performance major (operatic soprano) for one semester at Missouri State University. I didn't have the money for a five year program, so when my dad was flipping through the course book and found the Antiquities department, I chose to study Classics instead.

6. Even though I am now a writer, I was terrible at English. I always did well in grammar and decently in spelling, but when it came to literature and writing essays, I didn't know what to do. I could write an A paper and a D paper and not know what the difference was between the two. I like to think that I grew out of it.

7. If I could live in any other city in the world, I would chose Philadelphia. The city had a small town feel to it when I visited it. My ancestor William Penn founded the city and Pennsylvania as well. I don't know. When I was there, it just always felt like coming home.

8. I am somewhat psychic. It's nothing I can control. Occasionally, things will pop into my head, and then they happen. For example, I was trying to get some sleep between classes, and I had a vision of my Latin professor and what he was wearing. It was nothing I had ever seen before, and no, I hadn't seen him that day either. When I went to Latin class, he came in wearing exactly what I had seen in my vision, and he even said the exact same thing that I heard him say then. It was weird.

9. My favorite Disney movie is Beauty and the Beast. I was in fifth or sixth grade when it came out, and I used to take a ribbon and put it in my hair and walk around the halls of elementary school, humming and reading a book.

10. Having a good imagination, I used to imagine that I had a twin sister named Caterina. She went to boarding school in Europe, and I sometimes pretended that I was her to people. She had the best life. *sighs* Unfortunately, I have several doppelgangers out there that look so much like me that they are often mistaken for me. I don't know why so many people look like me, but I hear about them everywhere. Even my own sister and I are mistaken for each other. Kara is my only sister, and she's almost fifteen.

3 comments:

Aubrie said...

That was so much fun for me to read! I'm allegric to cats, so I can't imagine having 30 of them! *sniff sniff* My eyes are watering with the thought of it!

I like to have a night light on as well. I always wake up in the middle of the night and have to use the bathroom, so it comes in handy!

That's really cool that you are psychic! And my favorite Disney Movie is Sleeping Beauty. (It came out before Beauty and the Beast) I guess that's my age showing there. The song "I know you, I know you from once upon a dream" was the first dance at my wedding.

That was a lot of fun!

Cherie Reich said...

Aww! That's sad that you are allergic to cats. I absolutely love my cat Cinderella. I just couldn't imagine ever being without a cat now.

Lights on are handy when you have to go to the bathroom at night.

Yes, I know the song from Sleeping Beauty. I enjoy singing that song. That would be a good wedding song. *grins*

I'm glad you enjoyed it. I had to think a bit for some of them. It was fun to write.

Ellie Kings said...

Congrats on your award! I just got one too! ;) You've achieved much with your writing. It's always good to hear of other writer's accomplishments. It gives me hope. I'm still learning about the process. Nice list. I could relate to some :) Enjoy your weekend!
Your newest follower,
Ellie