IWSG was created by the Captain Ninja Alex J. Cavanaugh. Click here to visit the other IWSG participants. This month's co-hosts are: Lauren Hennessy, Lisa Buie-Collard, Lidy Wilks, Christine Rains, and Mary Aalgaard.I have social and generalized anxiety. Despite taking medication to help tone down the side effects, I have pulled away a lot from social activities, particularly social media. My book sales, or lack thereof, show it. So far this year across four books, I've sold a whopping 4 copies and have had 2 free downloads.
So I've decided to take baby steps to promote myself more. I utilize my newsletter once a month or so. I enjoy blogging, and blogging two times a month is really working out well for me, but I need to do more than that.
Here is what I have planned so far:
- Price pulsing. I plan to lower the price of one of my books a month. This month A to Z Flashes of Foxwick is free.
- Advertising. Although I don't have much money to advertise my books or enough reviews on three of them to advertise them on paid sites, I can create promo images, post in Facebook groups that allow ads, and mention my books once in a while on Twitter with the goal of not spamming people. (I think the last time I mentioned my book(s) on Twitter was back in November or something like that.)
- Mention my blog posts on my Facebook page and Twitter.
- Talk about my works in progress more on my Facebook page and Twitter.
What do you do to market yourself and your books?
In February, I actually completed every single one of my goals! I think that's a first. I also decided to switch my main and secondary projects, and the decision worked out well. I wrote for thirty minutes a day in A Soul to Kill and have 13 out of 16 chapters written. As for Destined, I wrote for fifteen minutes a day and have 10 out of 41 chapters completed. I finished editing a friend's novel, another edit on "Folds in Life and Death," and outlined Destined. I also finally sat down and edited Marked, which is with my first critique partner. Man, I don't know why I waited so long to edit it. The story was maj and read well. Of course, I could be delusional. *laughs* I've also edited my short story "On Day 168" for the upcoming Untethered Realms' anthology and have sent it to the editor.
My March goals include:
- Write 30 minutes a day in A Soul to Kill.
- Write 15 minutes a day in Destined.
- Final edits on "Folds of Life and Death."
- Outline the short story "A Soul to Protect" for the Untethered Realms anthology Spirits in the Water (Forthcoming 2017).
- Edit the bonus woodwose section for the forthcoming boxed set of The Fate Challenges.
- Implement my new marketing plan.
Current 2016 Stats: 59,469 words written and 577 pages edited.
Eight Novels of Deep Space Adventure
Adventure, war, intrigue and survival in the far reaches of space. Novels include The Backworlds by M. Pax, Ambassador 1: Seeing Red by Patty Jansen, Alien Hunters by Daniel Arenson, Hard Duty by Mark E. Cooper, Bypass Gemini by Joseph Lallo, Sky Hunter by Chris Reher, The Galapagos Incident by Felix Savage, and First Conquest by David VanDyke.
FREE at Amazon | Google Play | iTunes | Kobo | Nook