Monday, May 21, 2012

Time for the 2nd Annual Flash Fiction Blogfest!

 

It's very likely that you've seen this picture above around on several blogs today, since today begins the 2nd Annual Flash Fiction Blogfest. My entry will be up tomorrow and people who've signed up for the blogfest have through Wednesday to post their entries. I'll be stopping by to collect the entries. I'll read them on Thursday and pick my top six finalists. On Friday, voting will begin to choose the top three, who will be announced on Tuesday, May 29th.

For a reminder of the rules and prizes:
Here are the rules:
1. Entries must begin with the two words: Lightning flashed.
2. Entries must be 300 words or less and be in prose. I'm not versed enough in poetry verse to judge it properly.
3. Entries must be posted on your blog between May 21 - 23.
4. You must sign up in the linky below to have your entry be counted.

On May 25, I will announce the six finalists and open voting through May 28th.

On May 29th, my third year blogversary, I will announce the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners as well as a random winner selected from the participants list. All ties will be broken by Random.org.

Now what are the prizes?
First place - $25 gift card from Amazon
Second place - $20 gift card from Amazon
Third place - $15 gift card from Amazon
Random prize - $10 gift card from Amazon
If the winner prefers an alternate gift of equal value, I'm good with that. Contest in open internationally.




18 comments:

Sheena-kay Graham said...

I posted my entry. Thanks for the blogfest.

Summer Ross said...

Thank you for hosting the blogfest Cherie. I've enjoyed so much of what I have read so far, I think you might have your work cut out for you. :)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I've been reading some good ones today!

nutschell said...

what a great bloghop! and such amazing prices. I would join but I already have scheduled posts for this week:)
Nutschell
www.thewritingnut.com

VonLCid said...

I have to say that reading these has been twice as fun as writing one.

Thanks so much for your hard work in putting this together.

Christine Rains said...

Such great stories so far! This is a lot of fun. :)

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

I'll be entering this tonight. I just don't want to sign up until I have it written and ready to go

Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

I've been enjoying many of the entries.

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

Okay, I entered.

Sylvia said...

I entered my blog, only now posted my story :) Will make sure it stays on top of my page :)

Talli Roland said...

Fun idea for a blogfest, Cherie!

Briane said...

Michael Offutt's tweet led me over here; I'm glad it did. My entry, "Introducing The Beatles?" is up:

http://www.thinkingthelions.com

Theresa Milstein said...

Wow, look how many people signed up! Fun idea!

Donna Smith said...

Cherie, yesterday I posted mine. I wrote two, but I couldn't see anywhere where you said not to...even the directions were written in the plural form! So they are both on the same "page" but labeled #1 and #2 - should be clear. Hope that was okay. It's the first time I've written one...I mean two! Thanks for doing this. Great fun reading them all!

Precy Larkins said...

I saw this going around the blogosphere. Some good entries out there. :)

Mary Maddox said...

Thank you for hosting the blogfest. I'm enjoying the stories very much.

Unknown said...

Stiff competition out there, Cherie! :) I've read some really fabulous entries.

Elise Fallson said...

Thanks for the blogfest! (: