Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Wednesday's Writing Update: Still NaNo-ing

Happy Wednesday!

You can read my review of Ali Cross's Become here.

Well, I'm still NaNo-ing, and I think I'm doing well. Here are the day totals for Starred since November 1st.
Day 1: 5625
Day 2: 7515
Day 3: 10091
Day 4: 10869
Day 5: 16023
Day 6: 20605
Day 7: 25005
Day 8: 30029

I still can't believe I'm at 30,029 many words in eight days. My goal for Starred is to finish the first draft by Saturday, so I can start The Last Prophetess on Sunday.

I had a slight breakdown on Day 3 where I panicked and wondered how I was going to write two novels in a month, but things have kept going, and I feel good about where Starred is heading. The random scenes are going well. Some I can knock out in 30 minutes to an hour. Others take me a little longer, but that's okay. I think I'm writing this novel better than any other novel. I suppose by the fourth novel I should know a bit more how I write one. *laughs*

My main concern is now resting with The Last Prophetess. I only came up with the idea for it a couple months ago. I don't have a completed outline and two possible endings. I might have to . . . pants it. Yeah, a planner like me might not have everything as orderly for The Last Prophetess. It worries me. That's why I want to finish Starred a few days early so I can figure out how The Last Prophetess will go.

Wish me luck.

For those doing NaNoWriMo, how's it going? For those who aren't, what are you working on right now?

8 comments:

Miranda Hardy said...

You are rockin! I just hit the 15,000 mark, but that's great for me. Good luck this week.

Isis Rushdan said...

I'm not doing NaNo, but good luck with it and keep up the progress.

Nicole Zoltack said...

I'm a pantser, not a plotter, but I think the reason why I'm able to keep churning out words for Crystal's Magic is because I'm always thinking about the next scene before I sit down to write it. Normally I just sit down and type. So maybe I am kinda plotting mentally?

Golden Eagle said...

Good luck!

You're really chugging along there with NaNoWriMo. :D

Christine Rains said...

You're awesome! I had no doubt that you could do this. I think with the passion you have for TLP, you'll be able to do it with no plan.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I can't believe you're attempting two novels... you are my new hero. That's is amazing and your progress is very admirable.... Go you:)

Sarah Tokeley said...

Wow, there are some amazing numbers! Keep at it :-)

C D Meetens said...

I have a character in my current WIP (and its two sequels - it's one story, but in three books), and he has two possible ways to finish the story. I thought I knew which one he'd choose, but now I'm not so sure. Usually, like you, I plan, but I'm tempted to just let my character choose for himself when I get to that stage. Maybe you could let "The Last Prophetess" choose its own ending when you reach that point?