Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Wednesday's Writing Update: July Stats, August Goals, and more!

Happy Wednesday!

Is it just me or does it seem like August has come way too early this year?

Since July ended on Sunday, I have July's stats.
Submissions: 1
Rejections: 0
Acceptances: 0
Stories Short Listed: 2
Total Word Count: 10,951
Total Pages Edited: 269

The pages edited number was a bit lower than it should've been, but I wrote more words last month and read more too.

For August, my main focus is on Virtuoso rewrites. My goal is to rewrite/edit a chapter every two days. I still haven't finished my dragon short story, so I'll work on it when I have time. I do have a few flash pieces to write, but this month shouldn't be too bad. Of course, I have editing too. I'm trying to write in the mornings and edit in the afternoons. It's working out so far.

On Raven and the Writing Desk, our theme this month is deserted islands. I continued Mer's journey in my flash piece "Washed Upon the Shore" in today's short story "Cursed Isle." You can read it here.

Today I have announced my "Favorite Summer Reads" blogfest on my Surrounded byBooks Reviews blog in honor of its one year blogoversary month. Stop by, read the details, and consider signing up. It should be fun and a great way to learn about new books.

So does anyone have any new news?

3 comments:

Christine Rains said...

Yay for the blogfest and for focusing on Virtuoso. I'll say it again, it's fantastic and has great potential. :) My news is that I'm having a hard morning, but tomorrow is Gen Con!

Julie Flanders said...

The blogfest sounds great! I will definitely head over there and sign up, great idea.

Good luck with your August goals!

Anonymous said...

Cherie, good luck with your goals. Hope August holds wonderful things for you.

Cher