Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Wednesday's Writing Update: Writing, Editing, and an eBook sale!

I was so busy with my cat being ill that I have little to add on the writing front this week. Romeo is doing well. He's eating his new food and has become active again. He's even getting better at taking his pills. He's such a sweetheart. I'll drop by the vet today to pick up more special food for him, and he goes back for a check-up on Friday, June 3rd.

I wrote the second part of "The Luck I've Had" on Raven and the Writing Desk. You can read Lisa Rusczyk's part one here

I took the plunge and joined LinkedIn on Monday. Here is my profile. 

As for writing, I've done very little. I still hope to write a short story for Wicked EastPress's Greek Myths Revisited. The deadline is May 31st, so I better get writing, if I want to make the deadline.

I finished editing the hard copy of the first five chapters of Virtuoso and added the changes to the word document, which is "new draft two." They are now with my critique partners. Once I get it back from them, I'll make the "new draft three" file. I hope to edit chapters six-ten soon and rewrite chapters eleven-fifteen within the next couple weeks. My goal is still to query agents in October.

I have several editing projects I'm working on. I'm glad I have a three-day weekend coming up!

By the way, Wild Child Publishing is having a Memorial Day sale on Monday, May 30th. Use the code "we remember" and get 30% off any $10 eBook purchase. There are so many good books on there, so please check out the website, make your book list, and see about buying some books on Memorial Day.

Does anyone else have writing news? Or weekend plans?

8 comments:

mooderino said...

'Romeo is doing well' would make a good title to a book. Maybe even the sequel to Romeo and Juliet.

Aubrie said...

I'm so glad Romeo is okay. :)

My weekend plans: go to the movies to see POTC 4. I'll let you know what I think without spoiling anything. :)

Summer Ross said...

I will be doing another yard sale assuming the weather is nice then I have a friends birthday BBQ on Monday. Today just homework and my daughters gymnastics.

You sound like you have a lot going on but I'm glad Romeo is home and doing a little better.

Christine Rains said...

I'm happy Romeo is doing good. Your children come first before writing. ;) I don't know what we'll be doing this weekend. Maybe Keith and I will go on a movie date for our anniversary.

Nicole Zoltack said...

Yay, I'm so glad Romeo is doing better! Poor little guy. And you certainly have your hands filled with all your projects, good for you.

Jennifer Hillier said...

Yay! Glad to hear Romeo is doing well. My cat landed funny the other night and sprained his foot - I was beside myself. He's totally fine now, though.

No plans for the weekend except to NOT write. The garden looks horrible and my neighbors are giving me dirty looks, so I'll be weeding all weekend. Happy Memorial Day!

Sylvia said...

It always sucks when a pet is ill! Glad Romeo is better!

Am not doing much this weekend, just resting a lot and going to a ladies night :)

Trisha said...

Glad to hear Romeo's doing better!

I've been a slacker too, so at least you know you're not alone there :D