Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Wednesday's Writing Update


In the previous week, my flash fiction piece for Friday was “Fortune’s Daughter.” You can read it here. I posted the first part of our three-part story on Raven and the Writing Desk. You can read “Equal Opportunity” here. It’s also time for the second challenge in the Second Writers Platform-Building Crusade. Read “Freedom” here. If you have a moment to check out the other entries, do so. They’re great.

I now have over 400 Twitter followers and am closing in to 200 blog followers. I’m overwhelmed by it and very thankful.

I’m still slowly working my way through writing blog posts, flash fiction, and short stories. I don’t believe I’ll finish all of them before March 31st, but the more I get done means the less I’ll have to do in April and May. I must work on rewriting Virtuoso. I really must. If I don’t get back to it soon, I’m afraid I’ll put it away forever, and I don’t want to do that.

I’m about halfway finished writing “Ereshkigal’s Revenge.” I planned to write one more short story until I found out about two other anthologies. *sighs* Why must you tempt me so, short stories? Why? So, I need to write my Greek myth revisited one, something about Japan for Stories for Sendai and something for Sword & Sorceress XXVI. In other words, my short story writing might branch over a little bit into April but hopefully not too much.

I’m also critiquing 30 pages a day for PWP in my new assignment.

So these are my updates. What does everyone else have going on?

4 comments:

Aubrie said...

That's great you're writing a Japan story! I'm not doing any shorts right now, just the three novels.

Congrats on all your followers! Now off to write part two...

Tracy said...

I'm actually kind of tired just listening to all the things you have to do.

I took a little two week writing break to get my head back on straight. But I've got two stories I'm editing for friends, a story that may or may not continue to be queried and a WIP that is about to undergo a major reconstruction.

You know, all in all, a slow week/month. ;o)

Lisa Potts said...

You go girl! Sounds like you are doing a terrific job.

The flu paid a visit to our house recently, so my writing fizzled to nothing over the past week, but we're finally getting over it and looking forward to normal.

Nicole Zoltack said...

Aw, S&S! I'll have to write a short story for that. I've been collecting rejections from there for the past two years, why not go three for three?