Monday, January 3, 2011

Promo Monday



Title: Under the Dome
Author: Stephen King
Publisher: Scribner

 
When the Dome traps Chester Mill, chaos ensues in Stephen King's novel Under the Dome. The small town is in deep trouble, and they all can't support the team. As Big Jim Rennie begins his dictatorship, the ones opposing him have to look out. The Dome brings out the best and worst in people, and the town learns how to take sides. Colonel Dale Barbara and his side are trying to find the source of the Dome, while Big Jim and his side are trying to stop them. How can they fix things in Chester Mill, when they are all stuck under the Dome and are no more than fish in an aquarium?

Stephen King takes the reader on a fast-pace thrill ride, full of twists and turns, in his Under the Dome. After the initial boom, the plot slows a bit until after the first day of the Dome. Then, the novel is off and running again. Under the Dome is full of complex characters, and the reader will love some and loathe others. If you take Stephen King's It, William Golding's Lord of the Flies, a dash of George Orwell's 1984, and put them under The Simpsons Movie's Dome, then you have the recipe for Under the Dome. At over a thousand pages, it is a long book, but it is definitely worth reading.


I finished Stephen King's Under the Dome on January 4, 2010. It was the first book I read and finished in 2010, and I absolutely loved it. I kept pressing next page on my Kindle as fast as I could to find out what happened. Even though it's very long, it's worth reading.

3 comments:

Demitria said...

This was mentioned on the Simpson's too, on a repeat last night. They gave Stephen King a nod. I'll have to pick up this book, I've always liked Stephen King...his books always have such great plots.

Terri Talley Venters said...

I love Stephen King! Santa got me his Full Dark, No Stars. Now I want to read this one too. I read his On Writing over the summer. Enjoyed reading about his journey and struggles as a writer. It scary how creative his mind is.

Jennifer Hillier said...

Thanks for the recommendation! I have the book on my Kindle but haven't gotten around to reading it yet... but now I'm all intrigued again. :)